We are finally kicking off our Community Volunteer Program!
When: 4th Friday of each month from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Location: The DSASTX Office (until off-site opportunities are arranged)
Our initial meeting will be on August 26th. We will meet at the DSASTX office to discuss:
- Volunteer expectations
- Past experience volunteering in the community
- Various opportunities to volunteer from the comfort of the community center, as well as off-site locations
- Skills or job duties volunteers might be interested in
- Dates/Times volunteers would be available for off-site locations
- A possible tie-in to Club Night for activities that will solely be done here at the DSASTX (for example, birthday cards being made for Senior Center)
Friday, September 23
Friday, October 28
*Volunteers will need to have reliable transportation if they attend off-site activities.
*Feel free to bring your own food, snacks, or drinks. Sugar-free drinks and water will be available.
The generosity of donors allows the Down Syndrome Association of South Texas to provide this service for free.